For many years, the USA has been a popular investment destination for holiday homes. However, for reasons we shall explain in this article, America is fast becoming the number one location for serious property investors seeking extraordinarily-high yields and returns.
Here are the eight most important reasons why the USA is today’s hot investment topic.
1. It is a mature, ‘first world’ market, with first-class communications, finance and property sectors and a wonderfully entrepreneurial approach to business. This sets the USA above emerging markets, such as China and India, where risk is higher.
2. The USA is an English-speaking nation, which makes all communication clear and simple throughout the whole process.
3. The legal system is clear, easy to understand and fully accepted. Registration of property is also effective and you can insure against defects in title. This is not necessarily true in less well-developed countries.
4. The USA is an enormous country, with over 300 million people and a gross domestic product (GDP) of $14 trillion – the highest in the world and representing almost a quarter of the whole world’s wealth creation. This expands your property investment opportunities!
5. The laws and customs make it easy to buy and sell, quickly and smoothly, often in just one day. This opens up opportunities for short-term profits.
6. It is easy to visit for holiday or business and you don’t have to worry about the language, sanitation, or quality of food and accommodation. Plus, you can charge your travel expenses against your USA investment income!
7. The tax regime in the US is generous to business owners, with lower tax rates and greater allowable expenses than in the UK.
8. The USA is a high-reward, low-risk property investment destination!